Over the last 10 seasons of America’s Got Talent they have wowed us and grossed us out with some truly amazing performances. And who could forget in Season 9 when Mel needed to charge her phone so she unplugged the buzzers when they needed them most. Or when Grand Master Qi Feilong attempts to use his Kung-Fu Master skills to stop a clocks second hand. Surprising enough, he stops it for a brief moment 5 seconds after the attempted position.
This season of America’s Got Talent is no disappoint of utter flops, and breathtaking beauty as hopeful contestants perform their hearts out yearning for a press of the Golden Button. Here are some of our favorite moments from the Season 11 premiere.
- The first performer is a very cute 6 year old named Nathan Bockstahler who says he is practically 7, which is basically 8. These witty responses are right out of the movies, yes… kids do say the cutest things. This little comedian will knock your warm your heart and leave you wanting more of his really funny jokes. Watch his performance here. Nathan was voted through so there will be another chance to see him.
- Another memorable performance was from The Clairvoyants (Thommy Ten and Amelie van Tass): a cool couple that play mind games with Heidi Klum and the audience will truly wow you as you are left thinking “how did they do that?”. They begin by asking Heidi to join them on stage and assure the audience that there is no special cameras or listening devices. Amelie is then blindfolded and Heidi places an object from her purse onto Thommy’s hand. To which Amelie speaks up “Heidi you already chose something, it’s a small object, you can open it. I quite like the shade, it’s lipstick”. This alone leaves the audience and judges mystified as to how she could possibly know. Amelie goes on to say “There is a number on it, it’s 602” which is of course the number on the lipstick out of Heidi’s purse. The go on to completely stump the audience and judges. Watch The Clairvoyants clip to see all of the reason’s The Clairvoyants made it through to the next round.
- After a few, okay act we get no introduction as Hara, an amazing Japanese multimedia magician wow’s us with magic and digital effects. Hara brings movie magic to the stage and moves on to the next rounds. See Hara’s full performance
- Next up is Rose and Charlie. This kooky couple will make you laugh and keep you glued to the screen as you want to look away, but you just can’t do it. Rose is definitely young at heart, and especially for in her sixty’s, she can really shake her booty and dance as Charlie sings Viva Las Vegas in their AGT Audition. Even though Charlie forgot the words to the song, and Rose had the inclination to strip a little, it was very entertaining. As Simon said “My head is saying you’re nuts, and my heart is saying I want to see this all over again but bigger and better” giving them the third vote they needed to move on to the next round. Catch Rose and Charlie in their eye-catching performance.
- No season of America’s Got Talent would be complete without the exceptionally weird and yet entertaining. The act known simply as Tape Face does just that. With strange mid-eighties style Tape Face enters with a single piece of black tape covering his mouth and very big eyes that give him a creepy kind of scary feel to him. There is no way to do any justice describing the performance, you truly need to watch this, I promise you will not be sorry.
- 13 year-old Laura Bretan is nervous as can be, after all, this is a huge opportunity for her to sing in front of the world. To make it worst Laura followed directly after several not so good singing groups where Simon was his usual self, cold hard honest and direct. She gathers her courage, steps up, and lets her inner super-star opera voice come out. The whole place erupts in applause. Laura completely unaware of how good she is, wipes a tear from her eyes as Mel reaches for the Golden Buzzer.
Possible the best act was the final solo act of a man diving into a pool of whip cream, well not really his performance but the craziness that ensues as Nick Cannon is at the edge of the pool and Heidi Klum cannot resist sprinting up on stage to push him in. Be sure to watch America’s Got Talent (#AGT) on NBC at 8pm (Pacific Time) for all the crazy, weird, beautiful, and amazing performances that are sure to wow you.